The purpose of this course is to provide learners with core knowledge and understanding of characteristics, terms and features of products for clients in the long-term insurance category of insurance business. It introduces a basic understanding of general long-term insurance products, group retirement products and the structure of the financial service industry in Botswana.
In addition to this, the course provides knowledge of legislation impacting on long-term insurance personal lines products in Botswana. Lastly, the course will provide learners with the skill to assess the appropriateness of products within the long-term insurance category of business for specific individual client needs.
This course meets the minimum competency requirements(Certificate of Proficiency requirements) as set out by the Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority and is accredited by the Botswana Qualifications Authority.
Who is the course intended for?
This course is intended for those who wish to pursue a career or are in a financial services environment that requires a basic introduction to short term insurance personal lines insurance and the development and impact of short term insurance and products.
Topic Covered in the course:
- The law of contract to insurance
- Knowledge of Insurable Risk
- Insurance legislation in Botswana (NBFIRA Act, Insurance Industry Act, Insurance Prudential Rules)
- Introduction to Short Term Insurance
- How different needs lead to the development of different Financial Services Products
- Personal All Risks Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- House Owners Insurance
- Household Contents Insurance
- Personal Motor Insurance
- How to Underwrite a Standard Risk in Short Term Personal Insurance